It comes with the Territory{ World of Ingi: Service and Standards

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Service and Standards

I think more and more these days that the consuming dollar needs to go to businesses that deserve it. Customer Service is almost a dirty word these days, and businesses that go against that trend are the ones that deserve the disposable income dollar more.
Erin has opened my world up to not just throw my hard earned dollars to anyone. I'd rather now by a sausage from a local school sports fund than from subway to pay their manager their millions. I tried to buy a spare bike tyre from a bike shop today but wasn't even acknowledged as I waited by the counter for a minute so I said stuff it and took my dollar elsewhere.
Meanwhile I'll keep buying kebabs from my local shop that knows I have lamb, lettuce, tomato and no sauce. Ah quality.
cheers,
Also i've been mucking around with my own myspace site www.myspace.com/ingridnoack . have a look and let me know what you think of the tracks.
Ingrid:)

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your way of thinking, and that you actually act on your thoughts. I think the same thing but then can't be bothered doing anything about it. It's so convenient to just go to coles or safeway where everything is under one roof. And in an age where we've all "got so much to do," convenience influences many of our actions. Have a nice day.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Ingi said...

Yeah i'm not angel and I do not always practice what I preach. lol.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Litha said...

I'm reading this amazing book for school called 'food wars' and it discusses the concepts of globalization and 'food miles' - the number of miles (or K's to be Aussie!) food travels to get to us. I can't remember where I read it but a huge and similar number of chickens gets exported from France to England and vice versa - adding cost to the consumer and environmental stresses from the transportation - for what? So that people in England and France can have the choice of two different frozen chickens?

I think your train of thought is awesome and good on Erin for showing you new things and good on you for being open minded and letting your world be opened up!

Also, agree with the customer service thing. I've been serving customers for 11 years almost and I know that it's not that damn hard to be polite and nice to someone, no matter how your day/week/whatever has been

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Amen sister! I must agree. I'd rather give my money to someone who cares and who I have a relationship with, that to someone who couldn't care less and only wants me money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter