It comes with the Territory{ World of Ingi: The little things in life

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The little things in life

I spend a fair bit of time in my little grey car driving through town. My mind gets lots of time to wander and one my my consitently topics is people. I think you can tell a lot about people by the little things they do, and this is true to behaviour while driving. I'm a big fan of the thankyou wave. It's the little acknowledgement you give to another driver for letting you turn out of your parking space and back into the traffic, or to the driver who slows down to help you merge rather than hit the accelerates to cut you off.
I probably do it too often, and multiple times if I've been stressed whilst trying to merge and overly grateful, but I think it's important.
I don't always get the wave, and that agitates me. The other day on the way home from work I decided I was in no hurry so tried extra hard to let people in front of me. Ah so much love from those little waves. But I did learn never to let a tradesmen in front of me because they can't wave and smoke their ciggies at the same time.

cheers,

Ingrid.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Litha said...

Ingrid, I've been doing so much more waving now becuase of your post!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Ingi said...

And doesn't it feel great Litha!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Haha! I love the wave too. I get a bit annoyed when I don't get it. Dad gets more annoyed when he doesn't get the wave. He's funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter